IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT from EnVision Family Eyecare:
We are excited to announce that beginning May 4th, we will be resuming our normal office hours of Mon, Tues, Thurs 8:00am-5:30pm, Wed 9:00am-5:30pm and Fri 8:00am-3:00pm. We will not be running at full capacity as we are trying to minimize your contact with other patients. You’ll probably notice some changes in our office procedures as we work to ensure that you and our staff are in the safest possible environment.
Some of the changes you may experience are:
- We may review your medical history and check insurance on the phone prior to your arrival. We will make every effort to accomplish this prior to your appointment.
- You may receive a questionnaire prior to your arrival that will include questions about recent travel, sickness or sickness within your family.
- When you arrive at the office, please text or call 865-982-6110 to let us know you are in the parking lot and the purpose of your visit. You may be asked to wait in your car until the staff is ready to bring you in for your visit.
- Even though we are open, our front door may be locked when you arrive. This will depend on how many patients are in the building at that time. But please text or call and let us know you are here.
- You may have your temperature scanned before entering the building. If you are running a temperature, you will be asked to reschedule your visit.
- You may notice the staff wearing and using PPE (personal protection equipment). We are doing our best to protect you and our staff during your visit.
- We may also ask you to wear PPE (personal protection equipment) which may include mask and/or gloves. If you have questions about this, please feel free to call the office before your visit to discuss this. If you have your own mask and/or gloves, we encourage you to bring them.
- We ask that you do not bring anyone with you to your visit. However, if a patient needs assistance, please limit to one guest with the patient. As always, patients that are minors need to have one parent/guardian with them.
- You may notice the doctors and staff might not be as “chatty” as we have been in the past. This is to keep our exposure time with each other to a minimum. Hopefully we can “catch-up” on our next visit.
- As usual, urgent and emergency visits will be triaged by one of our staff members. Emergency visits will continue to take priority. However, visits deemed non-urgent may be handled over the phone or by telemedicine avenues.
- As usual, all equipment and rooms will be sanitized after every patient encounter. Our office has undergone a deep sterilization designed to kill all viruses and bacteria including COVID-19.
- While our optical department will be open for the purchases and repairs of frames and lenses, we may have to limit the number of people in that area. You may have to remain in your car until there is area available for you.
We understand that some of these changes may seem inconvenient, but our doctors and staff want to take every step to minimize exposure for everyone. In the future, some of these changes may be removed and some may be permanent. We are constantly monitoring the situation to determine what is best for you and our staff. Thank you for your patience and understanding during the past few weeks. We are very excited to once again serve you, our family of patients!
The doctors and staff of EnVision Family Eyecare